Friday, January 31, 2014

Endings and Beginnings



I should really apologize for not blogging for the last 2 or 3 months, but I won't. I've been having too much fun living life :). And it's been too cold. Not that that has anything to do with blogging, but I thought I'd just mention that I think we are all a little tired of this cold here in Winnipeg!

We love Christmas in our home. Even though it's almost February, the children still talk about how they love everything at Christmas - celebrating Jesus, spending time with family, all the different yummy drinks (cider, eggnog, sparkling juices), the tree, the songs and stories, the gifts (of course) and St. Nicolas. The kids are already asking when Christmas will come again. Oh, and we have to beg them to stop singing "Jingle Bells". I'm so glad the children have some happy memories and traditions already.

Grandma was here for a month in November, so we celebrated an early Christmas with her before she left. It was a nice excuse to set up Christmas a few days earlier this year. 


Our traditional "candy tray" and oranges came out on the night we set up the Christmas Tree. It was a memorable Peanut Party. 

 Jeremiah was excited to help with the lights this year.

 It was Emma's turn to put the angel on the top of the tree this year.  By the time Christmas arrived, most of the decorations at the bottom of the tree had been moved up because of Jeremiah. It was a pretty top-heavy tree! 

 Emma did a terrific job at her school Christmas concert and was a very cute sheep. She really sang her heart out!

 On St. Nicolas Day, the children woke up and looked outside the door to find that they had been given some small gifts in their stockings. They loved it!


 Emma has shown an interest in doing some sewing, so we looked up finger knitting on Youtube and she has been practicing long lines of it. During Christmas holidays one of her aunties showed her some arm knitting as well, and it's so fun and pretty!

Well, I'm very happy the season is over - I love setting up all the decorations and getting in the mood, but I also LOVE taking them all down and finding space again. Less Christmas decorations means less clutter, and I'm all into that these days. I have been in a huge "get rid of stuff we don't use or need or want" thing since before Christmas, and I love the feeling I get when I see space open up in my home. I have a loooong way to go yet, but it is great taking a few boxes here and there to the second hand store, or selling things on Kijiji.

January came and I always love new beginnings. I didn't make too many new years resolutions, but I do have a goal to... set some goals! We'll see how that goes. I'm also reading a few new books and am learning a lot from them. I'll have to write about those another time though.

In other news, Jeremiah officially is a walker now! Wow, did that ever take a long time. He turned 18 months yesterday, and has been walking for just over a week now. He really is a cutie, and growing up so much! He has been having extreme separation anxiety if I have to leave him with childcare for the last number of months, but I'm very aware of how fast that season will go by and I don't mind it too much. It just means a lot more cuddles with my baby.








I have plans for some more blog posts to come in the next little while, and am excited to get working on it. So watch out for more in the next week or two!

Love Jenni

2 comments:

  1. Great update! Yeah, Jeremiah, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coralee, you inspired me to get a move on it!! :) xo

      Delete